Date:      Sat, 27 Jul 1996 16:54:06 -0500 (CDT)
From:      David Kelly <dkelly@hiwaay.net>
To:        (Joerg Wunsch) <joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de>
Cc:        (HOSOKAWA Tatsumi) <hosokawa@mt.cs.keio.ac.jp>, chat@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: New daemon artworks :-)

On 17:14:46 J Wunsch wrote:
>>As HOSOKAWA Tatsumi wrote:
>
>> BTW, I'm also planning to put it on the inner-cover art of my article
>> about FreeBSD 2.1.5 on a Japanese magazine :-).
>
>They also make an impressive X background picture.  Thanks alot!
>
>(Now i guess i gotta bug my boss for a video card with 4 MB RAM so
>that i can use 16 bpp... ;)

I think I'm running 16 bpp on a Mach32 with 2M DRAM at 1024x768. Heck,
what do i know? I'll daemonstrate (pun intended) with a question, "How
do I use this artwork for my X root window background?" It appears I
need to change its format from jpeg to something else, or I need a
utility that knows how to read jpeg.

Thanks for the great OS, and the great pictures. I too am waiting for
this to be available as a poster... I didn't get a plushie so this time
I'm not going to miss the poster.

--
David Kelly N4HHE, dkelly@tomcat1.tbe.com (wk), dkelly@hiwaay.net (hm)