Date:      Wed, 19 Feb 2014 13:40:34 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <wlosh@bsdimp.com>
To:        Tom Everett <tom@khubla.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-arm@freebsd.org" <freebsd-arm@freebsd.org>, Ian Lepore <ian@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: About FreeBSD support one more mini-pc

On Feb 19, 2014, at 1:32 PM, Tom Everett wrote:

> I would happily build a crochet-FreeBSD build for this, if it had a =
chance
> of working.   I don't see a kernel config or any .dts files for this =
board
> on the tree, however, so those would have to be built out?

Doesn't the board maker give yon ones that work on Linux? DTS is
designed to be OS agnostic, but doesn't always achieve that design
goal. Starting from Linux files typically is a good place to begin, =
although
from conversations with Ian I know that the iMX stuff falls farther from =
the
goals than others, so some manual tweaking would be in order...

Warner

 =D0=93=D0=BE=D1=88=D0=B0 wrote:
>>> Good day!
>>>=20
>>> I see very interesting devices availaible here:
>> http://imx.solid-run.com/
>>> That devices based on Freescale i.MX6 chipsets.
>>>=20
>>> And my question is:
>>> 1. Is FreeBSD has has support that platform?
>>> 2. If not, is it interesting for any developers, that I'm buy that
>> device for you and you will play with it and bring FreeBSD support on =
it? :)
>>=20
>> We have some support for imx6 now, and we're actively working to =
expand
>> it.  Devices that work include uart, sdcard, ethernet, and usb.  We
>> don't have wifi, audio, or video drivers yet.  We don't have SMP yet,
>> although some people have patches that have it working with perhaps =
some
>> stability issues.
>>=20
>> I wouldn't expect too much trouble to get that box booting, but be =
sure
>> to get a model that has a serial console port, since we don't have =
video
>> drivers for a console yet.
>>=20
>> -- Ian
>>=20
>>=20
>>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
> --=20
> A better world shall emerge based on faith and understanding  - =
Douglas