Date:      Thu, 6 Jan 2000 05:19:12 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Jonathon McKitrick <jcm@dogma.freebsd-uk.eu.org>
To:        Oliver Fromme <olli@dorifer.heim3.tu-clausthal.de>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: window manager question

On Thu, 6 Jan 2000, Oliver Fromme wrote:

> > Here's one problem i have with this: i have several aliases for root only
> > to mount filesystems and do a few other things.  Is there a way to pick
> > these up when i su to root?
>
>So if you want to be really sure, put your aliases, functions,
>variables, whatever into ~/.zshenv, which will be read by every
>invocation of zsh.  However, aliases are only useful for

Thanks Oliver.  As a matter of fact i *am* running zsh.  SOmeone a little
while back convinced me  ;-)
So you mean i should put *all* of my aliases in one of those
files?  What's happening now is when i su -m toor i lose all but two
aliases.. which-command=whence and run-help=man.  All of my personal
aliases disappear.  SO do these aliases belong in the toor config files or
my user config files?