Date:      Thu, 3 Oct 2002 12:47:48 +0200
From:      Morten Grunnet Buhl <vchit-list@deter.dk>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: advise on gateway-setup

Thanks everyone.
To summon what I have been told. I need a fair amount of RAM, medium CPU, reliable
disk (RAID of some sort), and cooling - you can never get enough.
This pretty much what I expected - but I must admit its nice to hear
some production-case-stories.

To give a little more information on our project. We are planning on
doing a fiber solution. So if anybody has some fiber specific
information on hardware buy I would appreciate it.
We have a consultant on the project, but I like to hear form other
persons to who has had experience with different types of hardware.
nics/switches/patchpannels and so on...
My knowledge on this topic is very limited, so speak slow :)
Actually I have only seen a fiber cable when not connected...
As always any pointers are welcome...
--
DetEr.dk - Rules are made to control the fun.