Date:      Sun, 15 Mar 1998 14:13:06 -0800
From:      Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
To:        Joerg Wunsch <joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG, Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>, obrien@NUXI.com
Subject:   Re: *HEADS UP* Correction to previous postings.

> I hope Mike's changes don't start to unsupport non-sliced disks...  I

You could have just asked.

Or you could look at my "disklabel auto" bumper sticker.

> problems, then well, install a small DOS partition first.''  That's
> simply plain unacceptable (and looks very unprofessional, too), and
> the intention behind my ``dangerously dedicated'' mode sysinstall
> changes were simply to support the class of people who Just Don't Care
> about any f*****ing fdisk table at all (since they don't need it, all
> they need is a disklabel).

Unfortunately, the "dangerously dedicated" sysinstall code *does*
install a valid slice.  It is the misinformation that you are
propagating here that is the direct cause of the unhappiness with the
integration of the "mount the right root filesystem" patches.