Date:      Wed, 17 Apr 2002 18:27:16 +0400
From:      sl3one <sl3one@ua.fm>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   freebsd and SCSI disk

Good day, people.

  Maybe it is lame question, but I never have a troubles with SCSI.
  The HDD is IBM DDRS-39130D DC-1B, 8715 MB.
  How can I test my drive for bad sectors (or blocks)?
  Is there utility for FreeBSD which can make surface scan of SCSI
  drive (if it needed)?
  Or what workaround can I provide to restore normal funcionality of
  my system (system periodically stops with some message like
  "Input/Output error in /usr/local/squid", then "Syncin disks ...",
  lot of numbers and automatical reboot)?

  Thanks for advice.

--
Best regards,