Date:      Thu, 14 Dec 2000 00:46:54 +0100
From:      Danny Pansters <danny@ricin.com>
To:        Tim McMillen <timcm@umich.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: problem about mount ext2fs in freebsd 3.2 -- works in 4.1 and 4.2

> # Add support for the EXT2FS filesystem of Linux fame.  Be a bit
> # careful with this - the ext2fs code has a tendency to lag behind
> # changes and not be exercised very much, so mounting read/write could
> # be dangerous (and even mounting read only could result in panics.)
> #
> options         EXT2FS

This might be redundant but I've used it up to a short while ago, with both
fBSD 4.1 and 4.2 release on one pc slice and with Linux 2.4-test9orso with
ufs support on two other pc slices on my desktop/workstation. It worked well
both reading and writing, I had the stuff in my fstab and mounted the whole
bunch at boot switching from one OS to another when I was trying to learn
fBSD (yep, Linux is gone these days ;-). I had to mount the BSD partitions
(inside one pc slice) separately onto my Linux fs though as well as the whole
slice which in Linux showed only my BSD / partition. This is likely caused by
the different partitioning style and ditto device names I suppose. FYI, it's
a one disk scsi box.

Maybe an upgrade might be justifiable?

Danny