Date:      Wed, 30 Oct 2002 17:07:14 -0600
From:      "Kenzo" <kenzo_chin@hotmail.com>
To:        "Kris Kennaway" <kris@obsecurity.org>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: snort and freeBSD4.7

Kris said
Well, for starters the snort 1.8.7 work subdirectory is called
snort-1.8.7 not snort-1.8.6, but if the entire work directory is
missing then you've omitted a step where you 'cd
/usr/ports/security/snort; make all install' to actually build and
install snort.

This is what I did.
" make -DWITH_MYSQL -DWITH_FLEXRESP " then make install
That's what it said to do.  Don't know what it actually does.  It looks like
it's telling snort to install and know to talk to mysql.
I don't recall seing a subdirectory of snort-1.8.7.
so what does this command do anyways.  Can I just install snort and mysql
the simple way from ports and then link them together instead of doing the
whole thing all at once?