Date:      Thu, 1 Jul 1999 16:50:44 -0400
From:      Christopher Michaels <ChrisMic@clientlogic.com>
To:        "FreeBSD Questions (E-mail)" <questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Simple CVS question.

Hello,
I have a simple cvs question.  I accidentally cd'd to /usr/ports and did cvs
co ports, which make a /usr/ports/ports dir.  I stopped it as soon as I
noticed that I had made this mistake.  I cd'd to /usr and ran cvs co ports
and walked away from it.

When I noticed that it was taking an obnoxious amount of time, and
low-and-behold, it's was updating /usr/ports/ports again!!!!  Ok, I deleted
/usr/ports/ports.  cvs would now fail because /usr/ports/ports did not
exits.  At this point I was at a loss.  I believe I tried to delete the
/usr/ports/CVS dir and that didn't work either.

I eventually deleted my ports dir and just checked it out over again.

Just for the sake of argument, what happened here?  What file(s) would I
need to delete/edit/change to resolve this in the future w/o having to
delete the whole source tree?
Christopher J. Michaels
Corel Priority Technical Support
chrismic@ClientLogic.com

"f u cn rd ths, u cn gt a gd jb n cmptr prgrmmng."