Date:      Thu, 01 Apr 1999 16:03:43 +0100
From:      Michael Doyle <relyod@co-operation-ireland.ie>
To:        dwilde1@thuntek.net
Cc:        advocacy@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD Advocacy

Here's an idea for promoting FreeBSD-

Last week I picked up a PC magazine that had Linux on the
cover disk (a 1 CD distribution of Red Hat)

Couldn't we put together a 1 CD install/distribution
of either 2.2.8 or 3.1 and get one or more of the PC
magazines to put it on their covers?

the magizines that I have seen do this for Lunix are both
amed at the UK market (PCW did this last year, I can't remember
off the top of my head which one had the Linux CD last week - it's
not one of the "better" magazines in terms of content - I only ever buy
it for the cover disk, about 1 or 2 issues a year)

Michael Doyle                    email: relyod@co-operation-ireland.ie
Network Administrator            personal email:    relyod@indigo.ie
Co-operation Ireland	  http://www.co-operation-ireland.ie/
Phone: +353-1-661 0588                          Fax: +353-1-661 8456