Date:      18 Mar 2002 14:24:10 -0500
From:      Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
To:        Aidan Skinner <aidan@velvet.net>
Cc:        freebsd-gnome@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: libgnome and libgnomeui

--=-ZaymWuC+Eu4n/CvdWjK4

On Mon, 2002-03-18 at 10:48, Aidan Skinner wrote:
> Is there a guide to compiling libgnome and libgnomeui? I've installed
> as much from ports as I can (gnomevfs, libbonobo etc.), but running
> configure can't find popt, or zlib. It's being run as
> ./configure --prefix=3D/home/aidan/local/gtk2/

Check the ports tree.  Maxim has ported a few of the core GNOME2
components over to FreeBSD.  I submitted libgnomeprint, and I'm working
on libgnomeprintui.  Maxim has just repocopied libgnome from gnomelibs,
but a port hasn't been committed yet (all the iconv work has kept him
busy).

Anyway, the short answer is, GNOME2 isn't there yet.  You'll probably
have to patch configure and some Makefiles if you want to get things
going.  zlib is in /usr/lib, and popt is in /usr/local/lib.  Of course,
libgnome might be looking for zlib 1.1.4 due to the recent double free
problem.

Joe

>=20
> libgnomecanvas built cleanly btw.
>=20
> - Aidan
>=20
> --=20
> aidan@velvet.net  http://www.velvet.net/~aidan/  aim:aidans42
> finger for pgp key fingerprint: |-----------------------------
> 01AA 1594 2DB0 09E3 B850        | Money, honey. Cold cash is
> C2D0 9A2C 4CC9 3EC4 75E1        | all that counts
>=20
>=20
> with "unsubscribe freebsd-gnome" in the body of the message
>=20

--=-ZaymWuC+Eu4n/CvdWjK4

--=-ZaymWuC+Eu4n/CvdWjK4--