Date:      Tue, 2 Dec 2008 17:03:37 +1030
From:      "Daniel O'Connor" <doconnor@gsoft.com.au>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org, Jonathan Feally <vulture@netvulture.com>
Subject:   Re: dhclient doing DISCOVER with bad IP checksum - bge (7.1 show stopper??)

--nextPart4748134.Xn4Dr6lWPW

On Tuesday 02 December 2008 15:57:15 Jonathan Feally wrote:
> Can someone please confirm or rule out my issue with dhclient sending
> bad IP checksum packets. It would really suck if 7.1 was released with a
> broken DHCP client.

I had 7.1-PRE (early Octover) send out DHCP requests without issue, althoug=
h I=20
don't have that system available now. It was using em card.

I have a 7.0-STABLE system with an sk card from July that does DHCP request=
s=20
just fine too..

I don't have any bge systems running 7 to test with though sorry.. Does it=
=20
always give dud packets or just DHCP? Can you try another card in the clien=
t?

=2D-=20
are so many of them to choose from."
  -- Andrew Tanenbaum