Date:      Mon, 24 May 2004 18:39:04 +0200
From:      Martin <nakal@web.de>
To:        Toxa <postfix@sendmail.ru>
Cc:        FreeBSD Current <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: wi(4) and shared authmode

Am Mon, den 24.05.2004 schrieb Toxa um 17:58:

> I guess wi(4) doesn't support authmode shared, does it?

I was asking about it earlier here and everyone told me
that it is actually worse to use "authmode shared"
(the WEP-keys seem to be easier to crack).

You can read about WEP authentication here:
http://www.cypherpunks.ca/bh2001/mgp00018.html

I have looked in the sources in CURRENT and the
authentication protocol is not implemented. Someone
told me about a patch which makes it available,
but I lost interest after reading the link above.

Martin