Date:      Wed, 23 Apr 2003 09:15:01 -0400
From:      derik DeVecchio <positron@derik.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:    Re: how can I burn ISO images in FreeBSD 4.8,  cd-write port broken?

Nathan Kinkade,

Thanks to you and Jim and Dick that also posted helpful replies.  I
really appreciate it.   What you have suggested worked quite well.

But I wonder, where I could I have learned this.  Is there some
mysterious set of documentation that I should have read before heading
out on the road of FreeBSD?  I had the same problem installing gnome for
the first time.  Oh it installed all right but it took me an hour and
posting to a news group to figure out how to call the executable (it
seem you need not call startx.  StartX, gnome.   I would never have
guessed that.  So where would I go to learn about that kind of stuff?

On Sun, 20 Apr 2003 22:19:09 -0700, you said:

> > So what do you FreeBSD people out there use to burn your CD's!?  What
> > program will allow me to burn a CD from an ISO image?  Or perhaps just
> > burn some files out of a directory?  At this point, I can't do either
> > with FreeBSD.
> >
> > derik
>
> Take a look at the burncd(8).  Something like this should work:
>
> # burncd -f /dev/acd0c -s 8 data yourimg.iso fixate
>
> or sometimes I just cat the file right onto the disk and then use burncd
> to fixate as so:
>
> # cat yourimg.iso > /dev/acd0c
> # burncd -f /dev/acd0c data fixate
>
> You can also use burncd to burn audio files to CD.
>
> Nathan

derik

                     email:  derik@pobox.com

                     WWW:    http://www.pobox.com/~derik