Date:      Sat, 4 Nov 2000 12:16:16 +0800
From:      "Mars Attack" <marsattack@cannoncreek.com>
To:        <kstewart@urx.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: ad1s1 - Device not configured under 4.2-Beta #4

> > Mars Attack wrote:
> >
> > guys,
> >              greetings,
> >              i just upgraded a 4.0-R test box to the latest stable
> > (4-2BETA #4)
> >              I got 3 HDs on it, two 10GB for the Primary(master &
> > slave), the Secondary slave 2GB (2ndary Master is CDROM).
> >              as usual, i did cvsup sources(2x already @
> > cvsup.internat.freebsd.org), buildworld, buildkernel, installkernel,
> > boot into 1 user, then finally did installworld, everything went
> > fine, no errors whatsoever, however during booting to the new
> > kernel, it seemed it did not support thrt my 10GB HD w/c is my Primary
> > Slave - which is /dev/ad1s1 and the slice ad1s1e which is solely
>
> Where is your mergemaster and
> cd /dev
> sh MAKEDEV all
>
> Kent

sorry, forgot to say that i did a :
# cp /usr/src/etc/MAKEDEV /dev
# ./MAKEDEV ad1s1
#./MAKEDEV ad1s1e

with no errors of course..
besides, i don't think that this is a MAKEDEV issue at all because the
kernel did detect it in the first place...
and that /dev/ad* is the same all thru out in the 4.X branch...
from 3.0 it was /dev/wd*...

thanx