Date:      Thu, 12 Jan 2006 14:20:58 +1100
From:      Carl Makin <carl@xena.IPAustralia.gov.au>
To:        freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Evolution and Cups badness

Afternoon All,
FreeBSD 6-STABLE, Gnome 2.12 from not too long after the release.

I've since installed Cups and Evolution doesn't see any printers.  I
recompiled Evolution, libgnomeprint, libgnomeprintui and libgnomecups
without any resolution.

Thunderbird can see and print to the printers fine so I'm not convinced
its a Gnome issue.

When I launch the print dialog in Evolution the following error appears;

 WARNING **: Can't
g_module_open /usr/X11R6/lib/libgnomeprint/2.12.1/modules/libgnomeprintcups.so

That shared library does exist at that location though...

Also when I print preview within Evolution there is no body to the
message in the preview screen.  I'm not sure if this is related or not.
<sigh>

Has anyone seen this?  Can anyone give me some pointers?

Ta muchly!

Carl.