Date:      Sat, 29 Nov 1997 15:54:23 -0600 (CST)
From:      "R.  Wyatt" <falcon@kiowa.wildstar.net>
To:        Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
Cc:        support@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: recent troubles during a FreeBSD install

Well, I have made significant progress with this help.
I ended up using bootpart an extension to load FreeBSD via the NT 4.0
bootloader.  I just could not get BootEasy to install correctly.

> > Now, the next problem is once installed and getting it to boot.
> > I get problems with getty
> > getty spawning too fast of /dev/cuaa1 sleeping 30 seconds,
>
> Do you have anything attached to COM2?  You can disable this by editing
> /etc/ttys and on the line starting with ttyv2 change the `on' to `off',
> then run `kill -1 1' as root.

My modem is on com2.

> > It also says login class root unknown..
>
> See http://www.freebsd.org/releases/2.2.2R/errata.html

got this

> > The final problem I am having is with X.  I can't find the proper specs
> > for my monitor any where. I have contacted the vendor and the vendor will
> > not provide it.
>
> Then use reasonable defaults.

Still no luck with X. I think its complaining about not enough vram.

Thank you for your help.
Randy Wyatt