Date:      Wed, 10 Jun 1998 08:43:48 +0100
From:      Martin Blapp <blapp@attic.ch>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Make buildworld problems ... <Fatal Double fault>

I have a box that is unable to build world. It's compiling about half
an hour and then the following error occurs :

<snip>

Fatal Double fault

eip = 0xf01d0f46
esp = 0xefbfb000
ebp = 0xefbeb00c

panic : double fault

</snip>

and then the system tries to syncing discs and freezes :-(

My System includes the following hardware :

Cyrix PR200 (Cache disabled)
96 MB Ram Simms 60 ns
Pentium Board (Cache onboard disabled)

and 2 isa cards ....

I've got 96 MB Ram and installing wasn't a problem. Nevertheless I
thought it could be something similar like in the errata for 2.2.6.
I'm trying now to compile with only 64 Mb Ram ... and will
report if anything has changed ...

Does anybody know this problem ? Is it a cyrix-specific problem ?

Martin
Martin Blapp, (blapp@attic.ch)
Attic Internet Services, Bechburgstrasse 8, 4702 Oensingen, Switzerland
Phone: +41 62 396 43 70, Fax: +41 62 396 43 72
PGP fingerprint: 4E96 1AE8 4AA6 AB40 1AD6  DB42 7623 995D 522A 1D38