Date:      Tue, 7 Oct 2003 20:24:10 -0400
From:      Ken Smith <kensmith@cse.Buffalo.EDU>
To:        Peter Losher <Peter_Losher@isc.org>
Cc:        freebsd-hubs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Site list for 4.9 announcement

On Tue, Oct 07, 2003 at 05:13:24PM -0700, Peter Losher wrote:

> Any ETA for when the 4.9-REL bits go out?

I don't get any more information than anyone else. :-)  Their (re@'s)
best guess is at:

	http://www.freebsd.org/releases/4.9R/schedule.html

but it says 4.9 will be released Sep. 29th.  :-(  I *think* they said
the schedule has slipped by around 2 weeks but I haven't heard much
recently.  There should be at least one more RC before the release.

I think the recent spike in OpenSSH, OpenSSL, etc. security advisories
has been playing a role in the delay.

--
						Ken Smith
- From there to here, from here to      |       kensmith@cse.buffalo.edu