Date:      Mon, 3 Mar 1997 15:49:18 +0300 (MSK)
From:      "Maxim A. Bolotin" <max@rnd.runnet.ru>
To:        Lee Crites <adonai@jump.net>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Please help with digiboard switch settings...

On Sat, 1 Mar 1997, Lee Crites wrote:
Hi!
I've Digi too, also I've documetation. There's
DigiBoard PC/Xi, PC/16e, MC/Xi and COM/Xi. There is some pictures
of the boards. Your labels show that it's PC/8e (AFAK).
Maybe This information will help you. Can you check your board for
2 Dip switches on the front. It have to have one 11 and another 8
switches. First (DS1) is :

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
!             ! !     !
+------+------+ +--+--+
       !           !
Memory Start addres! I/O Port selection.

                   ----------------------
Port Sel. 0FF=0, ON=1
100 100
010 110
110 120
001 200
101 220
011 300
111 320

Memory : - Below 1 MB
11101111 - 080000h
01101111 - 090000h
10101111 - 0a0000h
00101111 - 0b0000h
11001111 - 0c0000h
01001111 - 0d0000h
10001111 - 0e0000h

Memory : - Above 1 MB
11110100 - D00000h
11100100 - D80000h
11111000 - E00000h
11101000 - E80000h
11110000 - F00000h
11100000 - F80000h
10100000 - FA0000h
11000000 - FC0000h

DS2 - IRQ Selection
00000000 - disable
10000000   IRQ 3
01000000   IRQ 4
00100000   IRQ 5
00010000   IRQ 7
00001000   IRQ 10
00000100   IRQ 11
00000010   IRQ 12
00000001   IRQ 15

I hope it'll help you.

					Max.

> So, I have the board in question in my hand, so here's what I can tell you:
>
> on the end (you see out the back of the computer):
> * one 78-pin female connector
> * one four-toggle dip-switch
>
> on the back (the side without the 'stuff' on it):
> * sticker states "PC/8e ISA" with "REV:H" printed on it as well
> * sticker states "55-405", "9630", "REV G", and "B85665"
> * card has "DI 30001752 REV B" stamped on it (under green film)
>
> on the front:
> * card has "DI AN 30001754 REV _____" stamped on it, on top of the green
> film, with "G" handwritten in the blank
>
> That's it...
>
> My first thought was to try their web site.  No luck.  The hardware
> documentation which they have on-line, while it looks good, does not
> describe anything like my card.  And, of course, the supplied utility just
> doesn't work on FreeBSD.
>
> If you can provide any assistance, I would sing your praises...
>
> Lee

-
Rostov State University   Computer Center
Rostov-on-Don, +7 (8632) 285794 or 357476
Russia, RUNNet               max@run.net.