Date:      Thu, 7 Jul 2011 21:53:18 +0200
From:      =?iso-8859-1?Q?Tilman_Keskin=F6z?= <arved@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: ports/accessibility/kdeaccessibility Makefile ports/arabic/kde3-i18n Makefile ports/arabic/koffice-i18n Makefile ports/audio/arts Makefile ports/audio/juk Makefile ports/audio/mpeglib_artsplug Makefile ports/chinese/kde3-i18n-zh_CN Makefile ...

On Jul 7, 2011, at 21:13 , Max Brazhnikov wrote:

> On Thu, 07 Jul 2011 11:09:37 -0700, Doug Barton wrote:
>> On 07/07/2011 10:21, Max Brazhnikov wrote:
>>> Reset maintainership de jure. In fact KDE 3 has not been maintained =
by
>>> our team
>>>=20
>>>  for a long time, not to mention upstream.
>>>=20
>>>  Discussed a while ago among the KDE/FreeBSD team.
>>=20
>> Certainly if the ports are not being maintained by kde@ then dropping
>> maintainership is the right solution. However given the situation
>> wouldn't deprecation+expiry be the logical next step?
>=20
> Until ports are not broken or/and forbidden I see no reason for =
deprecation=20
> and removing them.

Another reason to start the deprecation would be, that they are in the =
way
of KDE4.

So i think it is desirable to start deprecation.=20

But last time i asked on this list a few months ago, there where still =
several
users raising their interest, so maybe someone of them will step up in =
the next
days.=