Date:      Wed, 8 Aug 2001 19:15:52 -0500
From:      "Daniel M . Kurry" <grasshacker@over-yonder.net>
To:        Bill Moran <wmoran@iowna.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ARRGH Netscape stinks!

On Sat, Jul 21, 2001 at 01:47:02PM -0400, some SMTP stream spewed forth:
> Mike Meyer wrote:
> >
> > Shannon <shannon@widomaker.com> types:
> > > CERT is very correct in recommend these be disabled. Unfortunately there
> > > are some sites I use often that require it. It would be nice if you
> > > could turn scripting off for all but specific sites.
>
> Really, this isn't a Netscape problem so much as it is a problem
> with the dorks who coded the webpage. HTML has the <NOSCRIPT> tag
> to allow content for browsers that don't understand JavaScript.
> The fact that most website designers don't care isn't Netscape's
> fault.
> Personally, I always send a complaint to the webmaster of a site
> if it doesn't display usefully when I have plugins missing/options
> disabled.

>I figured if everyone who was annoyed by this complained,
> things would change a bit.

Me too. ;)

Complaining to your peers does precisely squat.
If we (as "browsers") want change, we need to ask for (demand) it.
Start sending off an e-mail to webmaster@ about things that nag you.
Thirty seconds later, we all have a stronger case against "dorks".

It takes a significant effort to ignore 20 (or hundreds of) e-mails
about your site sucking.

> -Bill

gh
--
What, no one sings along with Ricky Martin anymore?
My kid sister does (but then, she prefers pico to vi ...)