Date:      Wed, 27 Jun 2001 10:45:18 -0500
From:      Mike Meyer <mwm@mired.org>
To:        "Jason Halbert" <jason@jason-n3xt.org>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: daily/weekly/monthly run

GJason Halbert <jason@jason-n3xt.org> types:
> Yeesh.. talk about confusing the poor guy.

Yup, I think you've certainly added to the confusion.

The easiest way to do what Marcel asked, no matter *what* MTA you're
using, without worrying about compiling things, is to add the three
lines:

daily_output="user"
weekly_output="user"
monthly_output="user"

to /etc/periodic.conf. For more information on the periodic system,
see the periodic.conf man page, and /etc/defaults/periodic.conf.

The difference between the two approaches is that tweaking
/etc/periodic.conf does exactly what the user asked for; adding an
alias for root redirects all root mail, not just the reports that
Marcel asked about.

	<mike