Date:      Mon, 22 Apr 1996 08:57:07 -0500 (CDT)
From:      ptroot@uswest.com (Paul T. Root)
To:        s_koyin@eduserv.its.unimelb.edu.au (HMG coA reductase)
Cc:        khetan@iafrica.com, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: X locks

In a previous message, HMG coA reductase said:

> xdm has to be started from /etc/ttys, to run on an unused virtual
> terminal (see the X install guide).

I don't think so. I'm pretty certain that I have my setup from rc.local
at home. Is it possible that Khetan is using the vt terminal emulation
instead of SCO? As to why the xdm is locked up, I don't really know.
Can you get into the machine any other way? Can you look at the xdm-errors
file? Maybe that will tell something.

--
Paul T. Root - USWEST !NTERPRISE Networking Service	ptroot@uswest.com

Religion can make a person well rounded or an idiot.