Date:      Wed, 07 Jul 2004 17:00:30 +0900
From:      Eitarou Kamo <e-kamo@trio.plala.or.jp>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Article on Sun's DTrace

Hi Nicolas,

Nicolas Be'rard Nault wrote:

>>> Dtrace is (seems, at least) to be a very powerful tool. Eventual coders
>>> could/should get their inspiration out of the work of Sun engineers.
>>> But
>>> remember, the volunteers of the FreeBSD project aren't paid to do what
>>> they do. 2 years and 3 full-time engineers were needed to accomplish
>>> Dtrace so I think seeing a similar utility in the near future for
>>> FreeBSD
>>> is very hopeless.
>>>

>> So what?
>>

> Don't you think this is a candidate for funding from the FreeBSD
> foundation ?

Do you think it is worth for that?

BTW, don't you know my previous post which was not received to this list
but you quoted.

--

***********************
	Eitarou Kamo

	Tel. +81 75 7035997
	Fax  +81 75 7035997
	VoIP   050 10585997(domestic only)
e$B!>(Bmail   e-kamo@trio.plala.or.jp

For business:
Feel free to mail me(above), please.

Donation   http://www.PayPal.Com

GPG FingerPrint:
032D FDF9 D27B 23F7 9A81 BF4C 626C FBAA BC3A 9895