Date:      Fri, 09 Aug 2002 11:09:29 -0400
From:      Feng Li <fengli@kddia.com>
To:        www@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Hope to have multi-path function

Dear Sir/Madam

I am a FreeBSD user, I have a strong hope and suggestion
about the new feature(or function) on FreeBSD. I hope the
FreeBSD can add the function to do traffic load-balance and
automatic backup among multiple NICs(when a NIC failed, the
traffic is routed to other good NICs automatically).

This area is a very week in almost every brand UNIX. This
doesn't match the role that UNIX(include FreeBSD) is
playing, which is they are used as Servers. This weakness
will lower its reliability as a System, so I hope it can be
addressed as soon as possible.

However, if it is already solved, I will drop my suggestion
and hope you can point me the URL where I can download
the feature and the document which can tell me how to do
the configuration to realize this function.

Sincerely yours,

Feng Li