Date:      Mon, 19 Jan 2009 13:40:40 -0200
From:      Eduardo Meyer <dudu.meyer@gmail.com>
To:        Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org, net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Multiple Routing Tables (FIB) + IPFW problem as (I?) expected

> obviously you did some other commands here..
> something generated 2 million packets..

Julian, its a production enviroment, firewall was up for a few
minutes. Thats the reason.

> I was thinking of adding a 'reroute' ipfw keyword.. kind of like
> 'fwd {original dest} ip from any to any'
> because 'fwd' does cause the routing decision to be redone.
>
> The fib of the process that opens the socket controls where packets from the
> local machine are sent.

divert does cause this too, not "not fib X" seems to work fine...

I wish you could make the "setfib" action be kept in state with
keep-state only for the static rules, but I guess it will be done for
all dynamic rules too, since keep-state makes dynamic rules repeat the
static one, right?

would something like

ipfw add prob 0.5 setfib 1 all from X to any out keep-state

be used to balance (per session) between FIB tables?

--
Eduardo Meyer