Date:      Wed, 2 Aug 2006 17:25:04 -0700
From:      "pete wright" <nomadlogic@gmail.com>
Subject:   Portmanger getting stuck in loop

Hi all,
I've got a portmanager question.  I've been using it for quite some
time on various systems with great success - until today when i
ctl+c'd in the wrong terminal and broke an upgrade that was going on.
Now when i try to re-run portmanger to get a list of out of date ports
I am getting this:

<snip>
00109 ----:p5-Math-BigInt-1.77                 /math/p5-Math-BigInt
            MISSING
00110 ----:p5-Socket6-0.19                     /net/p5-Socket6
            MISSING
00111 ----:p5-Email-Address-1.86               /mail/p5-Email-Address
            MISSING
00112 ----:lzo2-2.02_1                         /archivers/lzo2
            MISSING
</snip>

I've tried various portmanager upgrade attempts (using -u/-f/ and -p)
and all seem to fail with similar messages as this:

skipping p5-Math-BigInt-1.77 /math/p5-Math-BigInt marked IGNORE
reason: looping, 3rd attempt at make
skipping p5-Socket6-0.19 /net/p5-Socket6 marked IGNORE reason:
looping, 3rd attempt at make
skipping p5-Email-Address-1.86 /mail/p5-Email-Address marked IGNORE
reason: looping, 3rd attempt at make
skipping lzo2-2.02_1 /archivers/lzo2 marked IGNORE reason: looping,
3rd attempt at make

soo...my question is, is there a way to reset the "state" of  what
portmanger things is installed (and what rev's etc...).  i am not even
sure if portmanger does this, although i am familiar with rebuilding
the pkgdb after i messed up when using portupgrade ;)

thanks for any pointers/help!

-pete

--
~~o0OO0o~~