Date:      Fri, 15 Oct 1999 07:29:01 +1000
From:      "Doug Young" <dougy@gargoyle.apana.org.au>
To:        "Christopher Michaels" <ChrisMic@clientlogic.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: problems starting apache

Thanks for the response Christopher

FWIW, the archives are near full of reports from people who have
had exactly same trouble. It turns our that the answer is relatively
simple but the very terse setup documentation fails to mention this.
When Apache is installed as a package, there are several config files
installed as blah.conf.default ..... these have to be copied as blah.conf
before the thing will work .... one line of explanation in the way of a
ReadMe with Apache would have saved at least hundreds of people
experiencing the same sort of aggro so if any of the Apache developers
reads this they may care to rectify this matter