Date:      Thu, 14 Apr 2005 16:11:56 +0200
From:      Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidinger.net>
To:        Mathew Kanner <mat@cnd.mcgill.ca>
Cc:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Supported uaudio(4) devices

Mathew Kanner <mat@cnd.mcgill.ca> wrote:

> On Apr 13, Christian Brueffer wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'd like to add a list of supported devices to the uaudio(4) manpage.
>> So, if anyone is using this driver, please send me the complete name
>> of the device so it can be added.
>
> 	I think this is the wrong idea.  This is a class driver so
> *all* devices should be supported.  If you know of any that don't work
> we should list them and try to fix them.

I already told him about that...

But: does *any* device work yet? Read: has someone fixed the 0x3fff Problem
yet (I have local patches, so it works here)? I'm not up-to-date with my
-current sources (everytime I want to update, someone breaks something and I
don't update...) and I don't have enough time to be up-to-date with reading
cvs-all, so I don't know if you've already committed your previous patches
which improved the uaudio support.

BTW.: Since only 3 people seem to have an uaudio device, run -current *and*
read this mailinglist, I think you can commit any code which works for you
without the need to call for review here. Most likely there are only minor
glitches and we can moan loud enough if it breaks for us... ;-)

Bye,
Alexander.

I exist, therefore I am paid.