Date:      Thu, 2 Apr 1998 23:51:35 +0200
From:      Christoph Sold <christoph.sold@pk.she.de>
To:        Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
Cc:        Christoph Sold <christoph.sold@pk.she.de>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Installation Problem (2.2.5-RELEASE on second IDE master)

At 21:32 Uhr +0200 02.04.1998, Doug White wrote:
>On Thu, 2 Apr 1998, Christoph Sold wrote:
>
>> Uuuumphhhhh... I do not like the idea. Running a 2G platter as slave of an
>> old, slow 640M Quantum Fireball is sloooooow. I'd prefer if anybody knows
>> how to fix BootEasy to boot the kernel from the right device.
>
>You're concerned about performance and are using IDE?   :-/

The difference between IDE and SCSI 2.1 Gig is 300 DM in my local store.
That's the smallest SCSI 2.0GB disk is at 600 DM, the smallest IDE at
300DM. You're right, SCSI would give that much more performance, but I can
afford IDE only at this time.

Anyhow, thanks for your help, your hints helped much.

-Christoph Sold