Date:      Thu, 4 Aug 2005 19:25:40 -0400
From:      Lucas Holt <luke@foolishgames.com>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <FreeBSD-Questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Trying to use FreeBSD as a home router, how to setup VOIP to pass through?

My home network is currently setup with a lowend router from my phone
company.  Its not very good and i have my only phone service through
it using VOIP.  I've managed to get the rest of my network (3
computers) behind the freebsd machine (computer 4).  The problem is
that i'd like to move the voip router behind the freebsd machine.
I'm assuming i need to do some sort of port forwarding to pull this
off.  I've done some googling but can't seem to find good
documentation on what ports to forward or how one would do port
fowarding to another host.

I'm using FreeBSD 5.4 stable (week or two old), ipfw and natd with a
divert rule in place and practically no other configuration.  Does
anyone have any resources on forwarding voip traffic?

My long term goal is to get voip working and then setup an ip 6
tunnel with HE.

I am not currently subscribed to questions so please CC me in replies.

Here's a rough idea what my network is like

cable modem
    +
    +
   voip router
   +
   +
   freebsd machine
   pc    mac    mac

Everything is setup wtih IP4 at the moment.

Lucas Holt
Luke@FoolishGames.com
FoolishGames.com  (Jewel Fan Site)
JustJournal.com (Free blogging)
FoolishGames.net (Enemy Territory IoM site)

Think PC.. in 2006 you can own an Apple PCintosh. Whats next, windows
works?