Date:      Sat, 10 Aug 2002 11:52:29 -0400
From:      "Kevin B. Hendricks" <kevin.hendricks@sympatico.ca>
To:        Martin Blapp <mb@imp.ch>
Cc:        <dev@porting.openoffice.org>, <openoffice@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: [porting-dev] Re: Crash with Test-Document in the second run. Memory allocation problem

Hi,

> //**********************************************************************
>******************************************* 920     //      private
> method
> (gdb) p m_pDataContainer
> $7 = (SvtHistoryOptions_Impl *) 0x81c5700
> (gdb) p m_pDataContainer->AppendItem
> $8 = &SvtHistoryOptions_Impl::AppendItem(EHistoryType, rtl::OUString
> const&, rtl::OUString const&, rtl::OUString const&, rtl::OUString
> const&)
>
> How can I debug that function pointer ?

I am not sure what you are asking here.  You might want to look a tthe
parameters being passed in.

For any OUString dump the "buffer" using x/20x and you can look at the
second byte of every short (uniocode char) to see what the ascii code for
that string would be (just ignore the the high byte zeros from the
unicode).

For all pointers simply ask gdb to print the contents of that pointer
(dereference),

print * (m_pDataContainer)

That shoudl dump the structure and its values.

Hope this helps,

Kevin