Date:      09 Jan 2002 13:45:25 +1130
From:      Andrew Reid <andrew.reid@plug.cx>
To:        Rick Hamell <hamellr@heorot.1nova.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Apache and Virtual Hosts

On Wed, 2002-01-09 at 14:05, Rick Hamell wrote:

> Trying to fix a persistant problem with Apache and Virtual hosts. I'm
> trying to make
>
> 1nova.com
> www.1nova.com
> heorot.1nova.com
>
> All point to the same place.
>
> At this point, I can use 1nova.com, heorot.1nova.com and even
> mail.1nova.com but www.1nova.com persists in giving me a 505 error! I
> believe the DNS to be setup correctly for all three alias'. I can ping
> each of them with similiar times. Mail arrives to hamellr@1nova. and
> hamellr@heorot.1nova. just fine.

What's Apache's error_log got to say when you open the host that
generates the 505 error?

Funny thing is, I just pulled up all three hosts, each returning the
same webalizer page. Seems it's working afterall.

   - andrew

--
Andrew J. Reid                    "Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem
andrew.reid@plug.cx               mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane