Date:      Sun,  9 Jul 2000 18:44:20 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Andrew Gallatin <gallatin@cs.duke.edu>
To:        freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   XFree86-4.0.1 seems to work!!

Anybody out there who is having trouble with XFree86 related panics
(panic: machine check) should try upgrading to -stable & building the
latest XFree86-4.0.1.

I had been seeing machine checks when running XFree86-4.0 on my Miata
with a powerstorm 4D10 (3dlabs) but I no longer see them.  I'd been
planning on spending the evening debugging the panics when, much to my
surprise, everything "just worked" (with the exception of the build
expecting a directory which doesn't exist:
xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/drivers/AgpGartDrivers)

I'm unsure if this newfound stability is due to the new toolchain that
was MFC'ed to -stable last week, or if its due to a change in X
itself..

Cheers,

Drew