Date:      Wed, 15 Dec 2004 13:44:15 -0800
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
To:        "Andrew P." <infofarmer@mail.ru>
Cc:        Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
Subject:   Re: ld-elf.so.1: Shared object"libintl.so.6" not found

--A6N2fC+uXW/VQSAv

On Wed, Dec 15, 2004 at 11:37:34PM +0300, Andrew P. wrote:
> Kris Kennaway wrote:
> >Note to infofarmer@mail.ru: you are blocking mail from me.
> >
> >Kris
>=20
> I'm sorry for that. Use infofarmer@gmail.com for personal
> messages or cc'd mails, please.

> >>Starting ppp as "root"
> >>/usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1:
> >>Shared object "libintl.so.6" not found
> >><...>
> >

> >OK, but that's not coming from executing /usr/sbin/ppp since you've
> >shown us that it's not in fact linked to libintl, as expected (you
> >could also verify this by executing ppp by hand).  Can you show us
> >your /etc/rc.conf?  Perhaps it's not running /usr/sbin/ppp but some
> >other binary.
> >
>=20
> Indeed, I tried to "# ldconfig -elf /usr/lib /usr/lib/compat" (so
> that ld-elf cannot find libintl), but ppp loaded anyways. Attached
> is my kernconf and a few rc scripts.

Eek, I only asked for rc.conf, not all that other junk :)

I'm guessing that the error message is not in fact from loading ppp,
but something else..one candidate would be sshd, which you may have
replaced by a non-system version.  Please run ldd /usr/sbin/sshd and
check this.

If not, then change the rc script to run with "#!/bin/sh -x" and take
a closer look at what command is being run that returns the error.

Kris

--A6N2fC+uXW/VQSAv

--A6N2fC+uXW/VQSAv--