Date:      Fri, 21 Jul 2006 10:08:00 -0500
From:      David J Brooks <daeg@houston.rr.com>
To:        Andrew Pantyukhin <infofarmer@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: printing from FreeBSD to a WinXP print server

On Friday 21 July 2006 06:09, Andrew Pantyukhin wrote:
> On 7/21/06, David J Brooks <daeg@houston.rr.com> wrote:
> > I can find lots of helpful information about setting up FreeBSD as a
> > print server for Windows clients, but I'm not finding anything helpful
> > about setting things up the other way. Does anyone have any experience
> > doing this?
>
> I do it every day:
>
> http://www.freshports.org/print/cups-smb-backend/

Here I run into the same problem that I have with Warren Block's lpr=20
suggestion. Following the instructions=20
at:http://iharder.sourceforge.net/macosx/winmacprinter/
I have everything working fine at the XP server side. But when I try to add=
=20
the networked printer from my FreeBSD box, starting at KMenu->Print=20
System->Print Manager I enter administrator mode and=20
select 'Add printer/class' from the Add menu. This starts the Add Printer=20
Wizard. I select remote LPD Queue add the host and queue info. At the Print=
er=20
Model =A0Selection page I check the box for Postscript Printer and get a=20
warning dialog: "Unable to find the Postscript driver."

I have Ghostscript installed and it has served me well in the recent past, =
so=20
I know it's there. Why can't KDE find it? Where is it looking for the=20
postscript driver?

David
=2D-=20
Sure God created the world in only six days,
but He didn't have an established user-base.