Date:      Thu, 13 May 1999 10:35:13 +0400
From:      "maxim a. naumov" <muxx@ats.ru>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   some questions about FreeBSD-3.1-RELEASE

hi !
----

by first i want to thank you and all of FreeBSD constructors for
beatiful work.
by second, want to ask you some questions:

1. i've downloaded distribution set of FreeBSD-3.1-RELEASE and now i
want to record my
cd-rom for my home purposes. which directory structure i must keep on
this cd-rom for
installing FreeBSD directly from one by /stand/sysinstall ? [in older
versions, when i've installed FreeBSD from ms-dos partition,
distribution set placed in directory x:\FREEBSD. now it's must install
from root directory.] and, where i must place XFree and packages ?

2. in 2.2.7 directories for loading shared libraries was pointed by
ldconfig_path in /etc/rc.conf.
in 3.1 rc.conf was changed and i don't know how to add my new library
directories at startup.
man ldconfig described an old procedure.

3. i have ps/2 microsoft mouse. how can i change it's resolution in
XFree. XF86Setup and changing
/etc/XF86Config causes no effect. i was started mouse daemon in
/stand/sysinstall.

thank you for support. excuse me for my bad english.

--
/muxx AKA 2:5030/324.1@fidonet.org
      AKA muxx@rrelaxo.org.ru