Date:      Sun, 7 Jul 2002 23:40:37 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Chris BeHanna <behanna@zbzoom.net>
To:        FreeBSD-Stable <stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: mmap() problems in recent -stable ?

On Sun, 7 Jul 2002, Ben Lovett wrote:

> Has anyone else noticed mmap() problems in recent -stable builds?  On
> systems built recently (between July 4th and July 7th), the port
> audio/mad fails with the following:
>
> cc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I. -Ilibmad -I./libid3tag -Iintl            -DLOCALEDIR=\"/usr/local/share/locale\"  -I/usr/local/include  -Wall -pipe  -O -fomit-frame-pointer -c madtime.c
> madtime.c:29: #error "madtime currently requires mmap() support"
> *** Error code 1
>
> I tried to build this port on another system running -stable from late
> April of this year, and succeeded.

    This is a bug in the mad port.  For reasons unrelated to mmap(),
the configure-time mmap test fails; therefore, HAVE_MMAP doesn't get
defined.  I was going to run this down the other night, but it was too
late and my bed was calling.

    Have a look at config.log in the work directory.  You'll see what
I mean.

--