Date:      Thu, 23 May 2002 14:51:12 -0500
From:      "Alex Aved" <ajaved@anderson.edu>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Installing gcc 3.1

You might have to update your version of gnu make.
--alex

>>> Jason Borkowsky <jcborkow@tcpns.com> 5/23/02 2:37:13 PM >>>

Greetings! I have Freebsd 4.5-RELEASE box in which I recently compiled
and
installed gcc-3.0.4 on with no major problems. However, now I am trying
install gcc-3.1 and when the compile is nearly done, I get an error as
follows:

"Makefile", line 3517: Need an operator

I have tried looking through all of the makefiles, but I haven't come
across
any makefiles that are over 2200 lines. Has anybody seen this and
gotten
around it? Thanks!