Date:      Wed, 21 Jun 2000 22:13:27 -0700 (PDT)
From:      David Daugherty <doc@wcug.wwu.edu>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   sendmail and named

My router off of my cable modem is refusing emails saying 'Relaying
denied.'

Jun 21 22:02:39 truman sendmail[20279]: WAA20279: ruleset=check_rcpt, arg1=<user@Cxxxxxxx-A.frndl1.wa.home.com>, relay=sloth.wcug.wwu.edu
[140.160.164.200], reject=550 <user@Cxxxxxxx-A.frndl1.wa.home.com>... Relaying denied
Jun 21 22:02:39 truman sendmail[20279]: WAA20279: from=<doc@wcug.wwu.edu>, size=0, class=0, pri=0, nrcpts=0, proto=SMTP, relay=sloth.wcug.wwu.edu [140.160.164.200]

I haven't taken a gander at configuring sendmail yet because I completely
screwed it up on my last 3.4 install. I'm now running 4.0-stable and would
like to get this one right.

I messed up the sendmail stuff by trying to configure named to run on the
box so I could get email at the alias domain also <mydomainalias.dhs.org>.
Do I have to run named to accomplish this? Are there any good tutorials
out there for setting up named? My last attempt was reading through man
named and man sendmail.

David
Software Engineer - NetManage
Work email: david.daugherty@netmanage.com