Date:      Fri, 6 Feb 1998 09:12:28 +0100
From:      Haider Roland  VAI/TAW2 <HaiderRo@linz.vai.co.at>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   DCF77 radio clock supported?

hi all,

I'm trying to get the little DCF77 clock I've been using
under DO$ to work on FreeBSD.

So far I got the xntpd documentation and checked the
README.refclocks file, but couldn't find a device that's
similar to my clock-mouse.

I hope somebody is using or somehow came across such a
clock.

here a short description of the protocol as a think the
name clock-mouse is not sufficient to identify it:

-it uses DCF77 as reference but can also use WWVB or MSF
 with some receiver modifications.
-data transfer to pc: 300Bd,8,n,2
 start of tx if txd=1 at begin of a second
-format of data packets: 16byte
 hhmmss<weekday>ddmmyy<station><status-byte><CR>

any information appreciated (I want to avoid writing a
new driver for xntpd, especially if somebody has done before...)

cheers, roland