Date:      Sun, 2 Jan 2000 09:21:55 -0800 (PST)
From:      nsayer@quack.kfu.com
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   ESS Solo-1

I have a machine that has an ASUS P5A with a built-in Solo-1
audio chip. I have been using OSS, but this machine also tracks
-current, and often -current's driver interface will morph and
break OSS.

The fix is to write a newpcm driver for the Solo-1. I have the
complete datasheet as well as the ALSA source for this chip.

1. Is it just me or is there anyone else who would be interested
in this driver?

2. Has/Is anyone else doing this work already?

3. Can I get in contact with someone whose done a newpcm PCI driver
before to ask questions when I get stuck? :-)

Thanks in advance.