Date:      Wed, 16 Jan 2008 14:32:14 +0100
From:      Ulf Lilleengen <lulf@stud.ntnu.no>
To:        Bob Bishop <rb@gid.co.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Csup cvsmode build discussion

On Wed, Jan 16, 2008 at 11:08:20AM +0000, Bob Bishop wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 16 Jan 2008, at 09:33, Ulf Lilleengen wrote:
>
>> Hello hackers,
>>
>> As some might know, I've been implementing CVSMode for csup over the last
>> couple
>> of months. Right now, I'm quite close to have it work (does not mean it
[...]
>> What I ask of you is comments on these alternatives as well as inserting
>> your
>> fantastic idea if you happen to have one :)
>
> I'm not going to comment on the merits of flex and bison as I like to be
> polite :-)
>
> I'd suggest (a), but package the yacc and lex source files up as a port so
> that they are in CVS and can readily be rebuilt if necessary.

Perhaps. Not very pretty.

> Why do you want prefixing? And precisely what do you want to do with
> parameters?

Prefixing is needed since csup already have a configuration parser written in
lex/yacc and therefore needed to avoid conflicts. Parameters is nice if one
were to modify the parser to take extra arguments, I don't have a concrete
example for it yet, but it's nonetheless a requirement for reentrancy.

An alternative d) that I got from Maxime is that I'll take a look and see if
I can use a parser from cvsync or from the previous SoC 2005 work, which I
think is a good idea.

--
Ulf Lilleengen