Date:      Thu, 19 Feb 2004 17:37:53 -0500 (EST)
From:      "C.L. Lai [ALAN]" <clai33@uwo.ca>
To:        John LeMay <jlemay@njmc.com>, stephane@sources.org
Cc:        freebsd-sparc64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: installation question.

Thank you for your reply John,

but apparently, I am getting 2 exact opposite opinions on it.

1 side says there is no problem. 1 side says a serial terminal is
mandatory.

If w/o using a serial terminal worked for you, would you mind telling me
what problems would typically appear by installing via a video console
rather than a serial terminal, and how do you eliminate the problems
during yr successful installation?

Thank you very much.

Alan

On Thu, 19 Feb 2004, John LeMay wrote:

> > can i install freebsd-5.2 w/o a serial terminal? ie installation w/ a
> > local video console.
>
> I've done it, and I expect others have as well. It was the first time I
> installed FreeBSD SPARC, and only the second time I'd ever installed
> FreeBSD at all, so if I can get through just about blind it I imagine
> it's not that hard.
>
> --
> John LeMay
> Senior Technical Manager