Date:      Tue, 06 Nov 2001 19:20:54 -0500
From:      vze34nde@verizon.net
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   i810e still doesn't work, tried everything

I installed FreeBSD 4.4, and followed the recommendations posted in the
Handbook and the mailing lists, and could not get the i810 X driver
working.

I had no problems at boot time loading the AGP module, nor making the
device node.

On XF86 v3, I generated a skeleton config file with xf86config and added
i810 as a device with no extra keywords, and added that to my SVGA
screen section.  I got the following error when I ran "startx"

SVGA: PCI: Intel Unknown Chipset (0x7125) rev 3, memory @ 0x44000000,
0x40100000
SVGA: error during ioctl(GARTIOCINFO): invalid argument.

When I tried installing XF86 v 4.1.0, I used XFree86 -configure which
hung the computer, but not before generating a reasonable config file.
I added the Option "NoDCC" line to the device section and tried
launching X with the config file, and the computer hung again: the
screen goes blank ("no input") and the keyboard doesn't respond, even to
attempts to switch to tty login and kill the process.

For what its worth, Red Hat 7.1 has no problem with my card.  I'd rather
not use Red Hat, however.

Any ideas?

Mike