Date:      Tue, 24 Sep 2013 15:32:40 +0000 (UTC)
From:      Nicolas Hainaux <nh.techn@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Shared object "libaprutil-1.so.4" not found, required by "libserf-1.so.0"

Antonio Olivares <olivares14031 <at> gmail.com> writes:

> On Thu, Sep 12, 2013 at 12:36 AM, Matthew Seaman
> <m.seaman <at> infracaninophile.co.uk> wrote:
> > On 11/09/2013 21:03, Antonio Olivares wrote:
> >> [Info  19:57:22] Updating 'freebsd_texlive' source ports tree with
method 'svn'.
> >> Shared object "libaprutil-1.so.4" not found, required by "libserf-1.so.0"
> >> [Error 19:57:22] Subversion update failed.
> >> [Error 19:57:22] Failed to update the 'freebsd_texlive' ports tree.
> >
> > Yeah -- you need to update or install the package that provides
> > libaprutil-1.so.  If you're using pkg(8) against a package repository
> > rather than compiling your own, you could use:
> >
> >     pkg check -d subversion-1.8.3
> >
> > For portmaster dependencies should be auto-updated when you run
> >
> >     portmaster devel/subversion
> >
> > It might be useful to run
> >
> >     portmaster --force-config -f devel/subversion
> >
> > so you can recheck all the options settings of dependencies, but this
> > will rebuild portmaster and everything it depends on.
> >
> >         Cheers,
> >
> >         Matthew
> >
> > --
> > Dr Matthew J Seaman MA, D.Phil.
> >
> > PGP: http://www.infracaninophile.co.uk/pgpkey
> > JID: matthew <at> infracaninophile.co.uk
> >

> Dear Dr. Matthew,
>
> Thank you very much for your excellent advice.  Worked like a champ!
> Now if I can get iced-teaweb/openjdk to open *.jnlp files to use java,
> it appears that itweb-javaws is not working correctly.  Firefox
> reports that the file *.jnlp downloaded, but it is not opened by java.
>  Thank you very much sir for your help.
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Antonio
freebsd.org"

Hello,

I've had the same problem, also using portshaker and freebsd-texlive ports.

I think the solution was in /usr/ports/UPDATING :

20130706:
  AFFECTS: users of devel/apr1
  AUTHOR: ohauer@FreeBSD.org

  APR was updated to 1.4.8 and APR-util was updated to 1.5.2.

  Please rebuild all ports which are using functions from
  APR/APR-util such as apache, subversion ...

  # portmaster -r apr
  or
  # portupgrade -r devel/apr1
  or