Date:      Sun, 05 Sep 1999 01:32:11 -0700
From:      Steven E Lumos <slumos@sam.ISRI.UNLV.EDU>
To:        questions@freebsd.org, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Intel 82559 based NIC support: Where?

According to some posts I've found with deja and by searching the
mailing lists, these cards are now supported in the fxp driver.  Since
the string "82559" does not appear either in the CVS logs, nor the
latest version of the driver available for CVS, I need somebody to tell
me which version of the driver has 82559 support.  Specifically, is
there a version that I can build in a 3.1 source tree, and if not then
what is the minimum amount of work I can do to get a working system
with this card supported.

One of the posts I saw said that there was support in 3.2, but the
GENERIC 3.2 kernel (from the June 1999 CDs) doesn't recognise the
card.  The card is an Intel InBusiness 10/100.

Thanks in advance.

Steve