Date:      Thu, 16 Sep 1999 10:51:59 -0600
From:      Chris Fedde <cfedde@fedde.littleton.co.us>
To:        "Alex Kwan" <alexkwan@pacific.net.hk>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: How to mount CDROM Drive

"Alex Kwan" writes:
 +---------------
 | Hi!
 |
 | My cdrom drive is wcd0 (I have checked it with
 | dmesg|more),  but I found the /dev it have
 | two devices : wcd0a and wcd0c
 | How do I edit the /etc/fstab to mount the CDROM?
 |
 | Thanks!
 +---------------

/dev/wcd0a is the first partition on the device. /dev/wcd0c is the whole
device.  If there is only one partition on the CD then these are the same.
My /etc/fstab has:

    /dev/wcd0c /cdrom  cd9660  ro,noauto  0 0

I beleive that this is in the fstab that is put there by the install.
Try

    mount -t cd9660 /dev/wcd0c /cdrom

as root.  If that works then the fstab entry above should work too.

chris
__
Chris Fedde	  <cfedde@fedde.littleton.co.us>
303 773 9134