Date:      Wed, 02 Jul 2003 20:23:30 -0400
From:      John <papalia@comcast.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   cron executes entries twice

Hi All,

For quite some time now my system has been executing all entries in the
crontab twice, instead of the expected once.  This happens most obviously
for the periodic scripts, but also on some scripts that I added for
nightly, weekly, or runs at reboot.  This started not long after a
buildworld upgrade from one 4.x to another 4.x.  Which upgrade, I don't
recall unfortunately.  The executions of the scripts appear to occur within
minutes of each other, if not seconds.

I checked /var/cron/tabs/root, and all entries are in there only once.

Cron is also only running as a single process.

The system is running 4.8-RC.

Any thoughts of where to look and what to look for?

Thanks!
-John